There are two ways in which iTero® scans may be sent to Specialty Appliances:
Directly through the iTero® Scanner:
Add Specialty Appliances to Scanner: Before you can send a scan to Specialty Appliances directly, you will first need to make a simple one-time call to iTero to have Specialty Appliances added to your scanner. Once you have done this, "Specialty Appliances Lab" will then appear as a selection in a drop-down menu after each new scan.
- Dial: 1-800-577-8767
- Navigate the phone tree by selecting option #1, then option #2.
- Wait on the line for a representative to answer.
- Explain to the representative that you'd like to have Specialty Appliances added to your scanner. They may ask a few questions to identify you and your particular scanner but ultimately they will ask you to provide them with our company ID which is 10767.
Select Specialty Appliances:
- When scanning a patient to be sent to Specialty, choose iRecord as your scan type, then choose Specialty Appliances in the Lab drop down-down menu. Choosing these options makes the scan available to Specialty Appliances via the MyCadent.com website.
- Once we receive your prescription sheet, we will search for the corresponding patient's scan. If you've selected Specialty Appliances from the drop-down menu, we will be able to locate and export that scan!
- Forgot to Select Specialty Appliances? If Specialty Appliances isn't selected from the Lab drop-down menu while scanning a patient and you'd like to send the scan to us, you will have to export the scan and send the STL files manually. See below for iTero scan export instructions.
- Note: Don't forget that if you send scans directly, we will still need you to submit a prescription sheet to us via our online submission portal.